VoIP, or voice over internet protocol, is a technology that has revolutionized the way businesses communicate today. This technology entails communication that is faster and far more efficient than the conventional type of business communication, which is through landline or cellular phone telecommunication network.
With VoIP technology, businessmen communicate with their business partners, investors, employees and customers through voice calls done over the internet. And while this type of technology has become extremely helpful to large and multinational companies, many new and small companies have also started to incorporate this technology into their business. But how beneficial really is VoIP for small business?
One of the most beneficial parts of switching from traditional business communication tool to VoIP technology is the amount of savings that businesses get to realize. Making phone calls is a huge part of many businesses, including new and small ones. Constantly making calls using the internet is less expensive than using traditional phone lines or even cell phones.
VoIP phone systems are basically hosted solutions that are controlled by a VoIP service provider. VoIP system helps businesses reduce cost in terms of installation and maintenance as this technology entails fewer phone lines and wirings. In fact, no conventional phone lines or wiring are necessary since calls are basically made and transferred over the internet.
Another importance of using VoIP for small business is the many advanced features that this technology provides. Such features, which include tools like conference calls, voicemail, call waiting, and call forwarding, entail more efficient and productive business. Some providers of VoIP technology even offer unlimited long distance calls for companies that need to get in touch with branches or companies located in other areas. Most VoIP providers also offer low cost international calls. These features basically enhance the business’ potential to grow and gain international recognition.
VoIP technology also entails greater mobility and flexibility. For small business owners who are always on the go, a VoIP phone system can be of big help. The system has special call routing features that allow business owners to still get in touch with their current and prospective clients and investors wherever they are. And because calls are made over the internet, any device that has speedy broadband connection, including PCs and laptops, PDAs, and palm computers, are suitable for this highly-flexible phone system.
The benefits of using this revolutionary phone system are aplenty and small businesses have endless possibilities as to what they can do if they take advantage of it. And while this technology may indeed seem like a savior for many small businesses, there are still certain considerations that owners need to make.
First important consideration is to ensure the availability of back up source of power in case of power outage. Some, especially those who are a newbie to VoIP technology, might also need to have technical know-how and skills about this phone system; although no training is really necessary as it’s easy to learn how to install, use, and configure the system. There is no need to hire professional installers or VoIP experts.
Indeed, using VoIP for small business may just be the right and ultimate solution to a more efficient and faster business communication. The truth is that even a single network of VoIP can already bring a small business a competitive edge.
The following VoIP companies provide award winning VoIP services for small businesses. Whether you are looking to set up a new VoIP phone system, a virtual office or a virtual PBX system, they will be able to meet your needs.
- Unlimited Business Phone Calling at Residential Prices
- New or keep Your Number
- No Activation Fee
- 25 Free Advanced Features
- Clear Digital Call Quality
- Award-Winning Customer Service
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Nextiva inTALK is perfect for small or home offices or residential users who want low cost unlimited local & long distance calls to US, Canada, and Puerto Rico with business class VoIP digital voice quality. InTalk works with your regular phone, there is no software to download and you don’t use your computer.
- Toll or Local Number
- Unlimited Calling
- Digital Quality
- Business Voicemail
- Find Me Follow Me
- Visual Voicemail
- 3-Way Conference
- Administrative Control
Unlimited annual plan: $16.25/m ($195/yr), Unlimited monthly plan: $19.95/m
- Get a local number or toll free number and answers calls and faxes 24/7
- Make and receive calls anywhere internet access is available
- Connect your entire team with a virtual PBX
- Divert calls to office, home or cell phones, keep your personal numbers private
- Include internet fax
- Get notifications when you receive a fax or voice message
- Answer and manage calls and faxes easily
- Call from your cell phone but show your RingCentral business number as your caller ID
Award-winning Virtual Office phone system:
- Makes your business look bigger and more professional
- Allows you to connect multiple locations, phones and staff under one main office phone number
- Customize the call routing options to meet your needs and choose from a variety of convenient call handling options
- Get a toll free 1 800 number or vanity number or any local area code number or even transfer your existing number
- Reliable phone services and low monthly bill
- No need to purchase any equipment or download any software
- No risk Money Back Guarantee, no annual contract needed.
- Advanced Phone Call Scheduling
- Follow Me Phone Calling
- Caller Menus
- Custom Recordings
- Automated and Flexible Call Handling and Routing Options
Starting at $9.88 (annual plan) or $14.88 per month + first month free! (use “15OFF” – 15% off Basic Plan for 6 months)